Don’t want to read all the details? Here are the most important topics:
- Your data can be used to generate statistics and reports, but it will always be done anonymously (you will not be identified).
- You are responsible for all the data shared during your conferences.
- You are not allowed to post illegal material (racist or pornographic material, for example).
- The data that you share during a conference is not stored. Only the conference recording and what is included on it will be stored. You can choose whether you want or not to record your conferences.
- Recordings are stored for 6 months, but you can download them at any time and store or share them as you prefer.
- You will not attempt to misuse or exploit the service in any way.
- Your account is yours and you are responsible for it.
- You can cancel your account at any time. If you have used the service, you will only have to pay for your usage until the time of cancellation.
- We may use your company or institution name and logo on our site (to showcase who is using our service, for example) if you subscribe to the service.
- Mconf is our property, including the brand. You will be able to use it with all its features while subscribed to the service, but this does not guarantee you ownership over it.
- If you need help, we are available during business hours via email. We offer a lot of content online for you to learn more how the service and the platform work.
- The terms are valid indefinitely. If something significant changes, you will be notified.
Last updated October 11, 2016
About your Data
While using Mconf you may share several types of content, including but not limited to user profiles, names of people, files, emails, conference recordings, and others (“Data”). This Data is yours, not Mconf’s. We do not have and will never have any rights of property over them. However, we will need to host some of this data, make backups, process and edit them to generate reports and graphs, perform analysis, alerts, suggest actions and several other things that are directly linked to the Mconf services. So we will record, access, and process some of this data. By using Mconf you give us permission to do this directly and also through third parties of our trust. In addition, you authorize us to use your data to perform statistical and other studies that may be published in aggregate form in different public media. Your personal data will never be identified by the general public.
The property of Mconf
Also consider that part of Mconf is made available with open source licenses. Access to the code for these components is open to the public in accordance with their respective licenses, but that does not mean that you will have access to the Mconf service code provided by Mconf Technology. This service uses open source components but also includes proprietary solutions.
About your responsibilities
Mconf is not responsible for what you do on it. In fact, you are solely responsible for this. Therefore, you should only use and share data if you have all the rights associated with them, especially the intellectual rights. Your responsibility also includes protecting your credentials used to access Mconf. If someone has access to these credentials, you take responsibility for what is done by this person through Mconf in your name. Mconf is not responsible for intrusions, improper access, tampering, manipulation or deletion of your data by third parties authorized or not by you. Mconf has no obligation to guard or provide logs or connection logs and access to the application eventually directed to your account in the system. You acknowledge that Mconf may send you email with notices and invitations to recipients that you indicate, assuming full responsibility therefor for any understanding regarding the unsolicited “SPAM” message. IN SUMMARY, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT AND EDITIONS YOU MAKE IN MCONF AND FOR THE ACCESS OF THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY AUTHORIZE.
Acceptable use of Mconf
We want you to use all the features and the flexibility that Mconf offers to work creatively and productively. However, it is unacceptable that you post:
- Pornographic, prejudiced, racist or offensive material;
- Of incitement or apology to crime or information about illegal activities;
- Pornographic material or illegal activities including children under 18 (eighteen) years of age;
- Encrypted or password protected files that contain improper information set in these rules;
- Slanderous material, falsely attributing to someone a fact defined as a crime, injurious statements that offend the dignity or propriety of someone, as well as defamatory statements, attributing to someone facts offensive to their reputation;
- Information relating to software piracy;
- Material protected by copyright or industrial rights, being prohibited the publication of photos, texts or sound files or videos without the authorization of the representative of the work or company in charge.
In addition, it is expressly prohibited:
- The use of Mconf outside the conditions set forth herein;
- Translate, decompile, copy images, codes, screens, or any parts of Mconf for use outside of it;
- Rent, lease, resell, assign or transfer your license;
- Modify the product or merge all or any of its parts with another program;
- Remove or change any copyright notice, trademark, or other proprietary notices placed on Mconf.
About how Mconf is offered
Mconf is exclusively available, through this document, through a temporary, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable Software Use License. You acknowledge that you have not purchased Mconf, but only have acquired a license to use it. Under no circumstances will you have access to the Mconf source code, except for components previously published as open source. The plans and their characteristics (such as price, user capacity, record availability period and others) can be modified, or even extinguished, by us at any time. But you will have the right to remain on the plan you have chosen for the contracted term. For example, if you are on an annual plan and it is modified, you will only be affected one year after you contracted the plan. If you are on a monthly plan, this modification will be applied at the end of the following month. Please note that we will make the best efforts to automatically migrate you to a plan that is compatible with your needs and we will notify you at least 30 days in advance, also offering you the possibility of cancellation without charge, through your registered e-mail address.
From the moment you create your Mconf account you become our customer, and as such, you authorize us to place your company name and logo on our website and other media used for communication with third parties. If you stop using Mconf for more than 90 days, we understand that you are no longer our customer and that authorization is automatically canceled.
We will send you an invoice the first week of each month, with a value related to your usage in the previous month, until you cancel your plan or stop using it. If you contract the service in the middle of the month, the invoice will be sent at the beginning of the following month and we will charge you for your use from the day you contracted the service. If you cancel the plan in the middle of the month, you will receive a final invoice as soon as you cancel the plan, with a value corresponding to your usage from the beginning of the month until the cancellation date.
It is very important for us that you learn how Mconf works in order to make the most out of what it has to offer. To do so, we provide tutorial videos and training material online through the HELP link on mconf.com. Additionally, we offer clarifications on the operation of Mconf exclusively during business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm Brasília time). We assume that you know how to work with a computer and with the operating system you are using and about how it connects to the internet, as well as how to access and interact with websites. If you choose to call us, the cost of that call is yours. We give preference to contacts made via email, through the address “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Contracting the service does not assure you of any technical support beyond what is specified in this document. If you identify any failure, vulnerability, instability, or incident involving Mconf, you agree to maintain confidentiality and promptly notify the company at “email@example.com”.
Mconf is not obligated to create or provide you with backups of the data you have stored on the platform. You are free to use the tools available on the platform to export your data whenever it suits you. Please understand that in the event of deletion of your data by you or third parties, we may not have recoverable prior versions of your database data.
You can cancel your plan on Mconf at any time. After the cancellation, you will receive an invoice related to your use from the beginning of the month (when the last charge was made), until the date you cancelled the plan. If you did not use the system during this time, you will not be charged.
The data stored in Mconf includes only the recordings you generate and the statistics of accesses made by you and your users. Documents, texts, and media of any type shared during a conference that has not been recorded will not be stored.
During the period that you have your plan contracted, your recordings will be kept for 6 months on our servers. During this period you will have the option to export the recordings and use them in any way you feel is appropriate, which might include hosting them on other servers or services. The recordings will be removed 6 months after they were recorded. Your system usage statistics will be retained even after this period.
If you cancel your plan, we reserve the right to delete all your data after 30 days of cancellation. We are not required to export your data in any format other than that described in this document.
You can stop using Mconf at any time. We also reserve the right to suspend or terminate the service at any time, at our discretion and without prior notice.
Mconf is offered “AS IS”
We will always do our best to offer Mconf in the best way possible, but there are certain things we can not guarantee. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, MCONF AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THEIR OPERATION, AVAILABILITY OR CONFIDENTIALITY OF THE DATA STORED IN MCONF. MCONF IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of liability
In no event will Mconf be liable for personal injury or any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, without limitation, loss of profit, corruption or loss of data, failure to transmit or receive data, non-continuity of your business or any other commercial loss, or loss arising out of or relating to your use or your inability to use the software, for any other reason. Under no circumstances shall Mconf’s liability to you for all damages exceed the amount corresponding to the license plan paid by you to the licensor for obtaining this software license.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Mconf, and cancel out and supersede any prior or contemporaneous agreements. They do not create any rights of third-party beneficiaries.
Resignation, independence of clauses and cession
The fact that we do not require compliance with something that is agreed here does not constitute a resignation of our right to do so later. If a provision is found to be void, the remaining provisions of the Terms shall remain in full force and a valid term shall replace the null term, reflecting our intent as well as possible. You shall not cede any of your rights under these Terms and any such attempt shall be void. Mconf may cede its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries or to any party that may succeed it in the participation of any associated company with us.
Term and Modifications
The term of validity of these Terms is indeterminate.
These Terms may be, and probably will be, revised from time to time, and the most current version will be posted on our website. You will be notified via your email registered on Mconf if a review significantly reduces your rights. If you continue to access or use the Services after the reviews have taken effect, it is understood that you agree to abide by the revised Terms.
We hope to have a great relationship with you and that there will be no need for disputes. By doing so, you agree to firstly contact us and attempt to informally resolve any dispute that may occur. If within 15 days we can not resolve it, then both you and we can file a formal lawsuit. Should this occur, the Central Forum of the District of the City of Porto Alegre / RS in Brazil is defined as the only one competent for the resolution of legal disputes, renouncing any other, however privileged it may be.
Effective from: October 11, 2016.